This one-month program offers an opportunity to develop specific skills in family therapy through simulation and live-family interviews. Starts June 3.
Don't miss out on "Short Conversations," an online video series treating viewers to ideas for living from the world renowned Ackerman faculty.
Watch Videos Now....
Enter your email address and receive updates from the Institute.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This statement explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way the information you provide us is collected and used.
Ackerman Institute is the sole owner of and the only organization that uses the information collected on this site. We will only share personally identifiable information with third parties when:
- The person submitting the information authorizes us to share it;
- Sharing the information is a necessary operation of the site, for instance, to process a credit card transaction;
- Law requires us to.
Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the Ackerman Institute for the Family site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
Information We Collect
Through our website, we offer online class registration and donation options.
- Registering for a workshop or course: When you register online for a workshop or course, we may ask for your name, address, phone number, and email address. Depending upon the activity, we may also collect educational and work history.
- Making a financial contribution: When you make a financial contribution online, we collect your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Using PayPal services: All registrations and donations are processed through PayPal. Account information on PayPal’s secure site is not available to Ackerman Institute for the Family other than shipping and email information.
How We Use Your Information
Ackerman Institute for the Family may use the personal information you provide to:
- Enter your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis.
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, to request contributions, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you;
- Confirm your registrations and donations on the site;
- Mail a donation notification.
If you provide Ackerman Institute with personal information when you visit our website, we may enter your name and email into our email database. Once your information is entered into the email database, you will receive email updates, newsletters, training information, and contribution requests. Please contact us directly at email@example.com if at any time you wish to be removed from the mailing list.
Links to other sites
The site contains hypertext links to other sites. Ackerman Institute for the Family assumes no responsibility for those sites including the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Ackerman Institute for the Family
149 East 78th Street
New York, NY 10075
Revised January 2012
Learn more about Ackerman
Institute in this short video...