Run the Retro 5-Miler with the Ackerman Institute for the Family
The Ackerman Institute for the Family is excited to be a part of this year’s NYRR Retro 5-Miler, a road race taking place in New York City on Sunday, June 4th. Help us put together a team to represent the Ackerman Institute, and to raise funds for our clinic families, scholarships for our training program, and funding for our ground-breaking research.
Runners and walkers of all abilities are welcome!
To join the Ackerman Team, there are 3 places you need to register:
- Register on the New York Road Runners website: NYRR Retro 5-Miler.
- You must register independently: there is no invitation code.
- Choose “Unattached” team affiliation.
- Race information and the course map are available at NYRR.org.
- Register with Ackerman HERE.
- Create a personal Crowdrise fundraising page. Visit the Ackerman Team Retro 5-Miler Page and click “Fundraise for This Campaign.” It’s easy! Questions? Ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
June 4th, 2017
* * *
Once you’ve created your Crowdrise page, let your family, friends, and colleagues know that you’re running with Ackerman on June 4th! Ask them to support you and the Ackerman Institute by sharing your Crowdrise page on social media!
All runners get a free t-shirt and breakfast after the race!
How do I get my race number?
On the day of the race, you MUST pick up your race number before the start of the race from NYRR. We cannot do this for you.
How do I get my T-shirt?
You can pick up your Ackerman Team t-shirt at the Institute in advance or outside of Tavern on the green on the day of the race. Tavern on the Green will be the Ackerman team meet-up area before 9:00AM. Join us for a group picture!
Can I just show up without registering?
Runners MUST register for the race by following the instructions above. The registration deadline is Friday, June 2nd.
I missed the donation deadline! Can I still give to Ackerman?
Yes! Visit our Donation Page.