Accounts Payable Clerk (Part-Time)
The Ackerman Institute for the Family is looking for a part-time accounts payable clerk to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment, and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This position reports directly to Director of Finance.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Reconciles credit card purchases.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or applicable field.
- This is an entry level position – 1 year of professional experience preferred.
How To Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with subject line “AP Clerk” to Michele Burfeind, Director of Finance: email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to build more diversity in the field of family therapy and is an equal opportunity employer.