Accounts Payable Clerk (Part-Time)
The Ackerman Institute for the Family is looking for a part-time accounts payable clerk to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment, and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This position reports directly to Director of Finance.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Reconciles credit card purchases.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or applicable field.
- This is an entry level position – 1 year of professional experience preferred.
How To Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with subject line “AP Clerk” to Michele Burfeind, Director of Finance: email@example.com.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation.