Adjunct Instructor in Live Clinical Supervision
|Job Title:||Adjunct Instructor in Live Clinical Supervision|
|Reports to:||Director of Training|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
The Foundations of Family Therapy course is a prerequisite for the Live Clinical Supervision course. The 30-week Live Clinical Supervision course offers trainees a hands-on clinical experience, including assessment and treatment planning. Trainees will use theoretical and clinical knowledge gained in the Foundations of Family Therapy course to participate as a member of a family therapy treatment team. The treatment team works with families in front of a one-way mirror with live supervision. As part of the clinical experience, trainees will explore the impact of their own family and culture on the practice of therapy. The Live Clinical Supervision course also is comprised of review of video-recorded sessions to enhance clinical skills and assess and address self of the therapist issues. This course will be held online in Eastern Standard Time (ET).
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare a syllabus.
- Provide evaluations.
- Attend faculty meetings.
- Participate in program and admissions activities.
- Conduct didactic seminars.
- Provide live team supervision.
- Supervise 4-6 trainees, 1 day a week, conducting 4-hour sessions.
- Executing other duties as assigned by the Director of Training.
- Master’s degree in social work, couple and family therapy, psychology or other mental/ behavioral health discipline.
- Proper licensure including LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT.
- Must have supervisory experience in Family Therapy.
- Can-do positive attitude and team orientation, with ability to interact with diverse people at all levels.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to Ackerman Institute’s values of inclusion, collaboration, and transparency.
- Proficient in LMS systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Zoom.
- Experience and proficiency in online teaching and/or webinars.
This position will be offered a salary of $10,000 for a 10-month contract that will be from September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
|Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: email@example.com, Subject: “Live Clinical.” Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.|