Administrative Assistant to the Director of Training
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant to the Director of Training|
|Reports to:||Director of Training|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
This Administrative Assistant to the Director of Training will be responsible for providing support to the Director of Training and Training Department.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing technological oversight of program materials, including evaluations and clinical hours.
- Providing program maintenance and enhancement.
- Scheduling and coordinating program meetings and activities.
- Supporting program activities with other departments and the community.
- Coordinating program purchases and expenses.
- Preparing and maintaining program calendar, including sending out evaluations for trainees, faculty, and supervisors.
- Responding to telephone inquiries and relating messages.
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of trainee files, including clinical hours.
- Providing administrative support to faculty/supervisors.
- Executing other duties as assigned by the Director of Training.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Can-do positive attitude and team orientation, with ability to interact with diverse people at all levels.
- Highly organized with strong attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to Ackerman Institute’s values of inclusion, collaboration, and transparency.
- Proficient in LMS systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
This position is currently remote due to Covid-19. When the Institute re-opens (TBD), this position will be based out of The Ackerman Institute’s New York, NY location.
Ackerman Institute for the Family offers a generous benefit package which includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Eligible employees receive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by Ackerman.
- Employer paid life insurance and supplemental disability insurance.
- 403(b)-retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 10% of employee’s annual contribution.
- Generous paid-time-off package.
- Commitment to work-life balance.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: email@example.com, Subject: “Administrative Assistant to the Director of Training.” Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.