|Job Title:||Assistant to the Director of Admissions|
|Reports to:||Director of Admissions|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
The Assistant to the Director of Admissions will assist in implementing and conducting outreach, recruitment and enrollment efforts for Ackerman Admissions. The qualified candidate will provide support to the Director of Admissions by possessing excellent communication and collaboration skills in order to meet the evolving goals of the Training Department.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Assist in conducting outreach, recruitment and enrollment efforts for Ackerman Admissions; as well as collecting data and reporting results.
- Serve as point of contact for prospective applicants and continuing Ackerman trainees for questions related to the Ackerman’s Core Curriculum Training, Certificate Program, and Continuing Education Program admissions and courses, tuition payments and refunds, and redirect queries to the appropriate Training Program lead and Director of Admissions.
- Provide excellent customer service by identifying and resolving recurring issues in collaboration with the Training, Communications and Finance departments.
- Oversee data management systems and email inbox for admissions.
- In collaboration with Communications, assist Director of Admissions Open Houses and other recruitment events.
- Supply Director of Admissions with Admissions data e.g., year- over-year statistics.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Finance department to develop and maintain core curriculum annual trainee roster and collect information from faculty and staff for graduates and completion of courses.
- Send acceptance letters to new trainees, communicate registration and payment process to the current trainees, and support Director of Admissions in welcome of new trainees.
- Partner with Clinic to ensure incoming trainees complete all enrollment tasks and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned e.g., scheduling meetings in collaboration with various departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 2+ years of related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom.
- Experience with CRM’s and Admissions Management Tools e.g., Slate & Banner.
- Ability to interact with students, faculty and staff at a professional level.
- Commitment to Ackerman Institute values of inclusion, collaboration, and transparency.
- This position will be Hybrid, based in our office in New York City with limited remote work 3 days in-person and 2 days remote).
- This position will require you to dedicate 40-hours per week.
- $50,000.00 – $60,000.00/year DOE.
- Eligible employees receive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by Ackerman.
- Employer paid life insurance and supplemental disability insurance.
- A 403(b)-retirement plan with eligibility for employer match.
- Generous paid-time-off package.
- Commitment to work-life balance.
- AIF requires its Employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including any booster shots if required, where allowable under the law and based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are not vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with AIF.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with AIF. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Assistant to the Director of Admissions.” Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.