|Job Title:||Clinical Supervisor|
|Reports to:||Clinical Director|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
This position of Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for conducting supervision with 1-2 therapists at the clinic. The Clinical Supervisor would include the assurance that their supervisees are meeting their required hours, completing assigned workload, and provide a monthly supervisory note. The qualified candidate for the Clinical Supervisor position will be fluent in discussing race and gender.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Client Care
- Clinical Associate professional growth and development
- Professional Ethics and Accountability
- Consistent (no less than two hours per therapist per month) individual and/or group supervision as determined by Supervisor and Clinical Associate/Therapist
- In-person and/or HIPAA-Compliant tele-supervision as determined by Supervisor and Clinical Associate/Therapist in consultation with Clinical Director
- Individual or Group Quarterly reflection with Clinical Director on Supervisors’ roles and responsibilities and the institutional resources needed to meet them
- Submit monthly supervisory note to Clinical Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate degree and proper licensure including LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Zoom.
- This position will be required to dedicate 2-4 hours per month to meet with the Clinic Therapist and Clinic Associates.
- This position is currently remote due to Covid-19. When the Institute re-opens (TBD), this position will be based out of The Ackerman Institute’s New York, NY location.
- This 12-month contract will be from August 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022.
$100 per hour
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
|Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Clinical Supervisor”. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.|