The Ackerman Institute for the Family seeks a proven leader to oversee and advance operations of the organization’s family therapy clinic while holding a strong commitment to social justice and racial equity.
The Clinical Director will work closely with Associate Clinic Director and President/CEO to oversee all day-to-day operations of the Ackerman Institute for the Family’s (AIF) New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) Article 31 Clinic. The Clinical Director is tasked to advance the work of the clinic, including, but not limited to, evaluating expansion possibilities, while ensuing the highest standard of clinical care and inclusive best practices.
This is a 3-day/week position reporting to the President/CEO and Medical Director.
- Coordinate compliance in all areas of clinical policy, procedure and documentation in accordance with the Office of Mental Health (OMH).
- Provide supervision to Intake and in collaboration with the Associate Clinic Director identify and support clinic risk management and general oversight to all clinic administration.
- Develop, implement, and manage centralized scheduling to ensure equitable space usage and use of collaborative documentation.
- Oversee clinical admissions process of the Intake Department in consultation with Medical Director, Director of Training, and Ackerman Faculty.
- Create procedure and policies to ensure that Intake’s gatekeeping role is consistent with AIF mission, Training Department requirements and available resources.
- Monitor program adherence to AIF mission, funding sources, and regulatory requirements.
- Implement and enforce all regulatory standards as they relate to the NYS OMH – Including, but not limited to, policy and procedure manual, annual program evaluations, active administrative roster, and patient roster.
- Participate in OMH Director and Federation Meetings to ensure that the clinic remains up to date on treatment, healthcare, and Justice Center reforms – responds on an ongoing basis to requested tasks, completing surveys to maintain continuity with outpatient clinics and maintain grant monies.
- Develop and implement strategies to assure that the clinic maintains the highest level of certification/license.
- Train and orient, new clinicians and administrative team in the maintenance of clinical records in compliance with AIF clinic procedure and OMH regulations.
- Provide agency with in-service trainings to promote AIF Administrative team with development opportunities and to ensure Ackerman Clinical and social justice mission are being upheld in all areas.
- Oversee Ackerman Clinic income and responsible for re-credentialing/revalidating with insurance companies and Medicaid; respond to insurance representatives periodic request.
- Develop and manage the Ackerman Clinic’s annual operational budget in collaboration with the Associate Clinical Director, ensuring contractual compliance, fostering and maintaining good relations with professional and local community resources, and giving special attention to access to services and treatment engagement.
- Lead and report on quality assurance team meetings.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to intake, charting, clinic administration, billing, workflow, and clinical compliance.
- Participate in committee responsible for incident management and utilization review.
- Ensure that therapists and supervisors are coordinating with other agency services and clinic staff to meet all client needs.
- In coordination with Director of Training, follow up with client complaints. Assess, investigate, escalate, document and implement any changes necessary to improve client care
- Maintain and oversee the ongoing use and changes in the electronic health record.
- In collaboration with Medical Director and Director of Training, review, supervise, and respond to any counseling center emergencies on an as-needed basis – including reporting to appropriate regulatory agencies (Justice Center/OMH/NIMRS) and following up with AIF treatment teams.
- Provide direct care services as needed.
- Coordinate and work with Building Supervisor and Operations Manager to address facilities concerns.
- Provide ongoing evaluations of service delivery.
Required Skills and Education:
- Licensed In New York – LCSW, LMFT or PhD in Mental Health
- Minimum 3-5 years with organization leadership and clinical supervision with proven history of executive managerial ability
- Knowledge of NYS OMH Regulations for Article 31 Clinics
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communications skills
- PC proficiency and experience with MS Office applications
- Ability to liaise with all levels of internal/external mental health professionals, leadership, and Board of Directors
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to Adi Loebl, MD, Medical Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must write “Ackerman Clinical Director” in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to social justice and is an equal opportunity employer.