Co-Director, Social Work and Diversity Program
|Job Title:||Co-Director, Social Work and Diversity Program|
|Reports to:||Co-Director, Social Work and Diversity Program|
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain communication and correspondence with three universities: Silver, Columbia, and Silberman Schools of Social Work.
- Write Early, Mid and Final Evaluations for three students.
- Maintain communication and correspondence with three community placement sites.
- Provide co- supervision for six second-year social work students; be available for after-hours emergencies as necessary and provide coverage for groups’ cases when students are on vacation.
- Monday Supervision
- Go over case material.
- Group experiential exercises for both group development, cohesiveness and skill building.
- Journal Club.
- Personal genograms of supervisors and students.
- Review Student’s experience in Foundations and;
- Provide communication with Foundations instructors.
- Evening supervision (day TBD): Live remote supervision with six students.
- Provide individual supervision bi- monthly for three students.
- Weekly one-hour meeting with Co-Director.
- Assist in end of the year student presentations.
- Ensure supervisees are maintaining up-to-date, timely electronic chart records and participate in utilization reviews.
- Participation in bi-monthly faculty meetings strongly encouraged.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of the Social Work and Diversity Program (SWD).
- SIFI preferred or can be taken concurrently.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- This position is 12 hours a week.
- Must have the ability to work from home, including a workspace and technology.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: email@example.com, Subject: “Co-Director Social Work and Diversity” No phone calls please. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.