Coordinator and Facilitator for Online Workshops
|Job Title:||Coordinator and Facilitator for Online Workshops|
|Reports to:||Director of Community and International Training|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
This position of Coordinator and Facilitator for Online Workshops is a one-year position responsible for increasing diversity of voices in the workshop series and providing opportunities for cross generational professional development. The Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Community and International Training, planning, scheduling and facilitating online workshops.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and locate presenters for future Ackerman workshops, seeking out mental health professionals with practices rooted in social justice and systemic thinking.
- Attend weekly supervision meeting with Director of Community Training and work cross-functionally with members of the administrative leadership team.
- Facilitate 1-2 online workshops per week.
- Introduce the presenter to participants.
- Facilitate Q&A and conversation in online chats as requested/needed by presenter.
- Meet with online presenters to train on how to conduct a workshop with Zoom.
- Review tips and guidelines for presentation.
- Masters degree in MSW, LMFT, or other related mental health required.
- Comfort Strong public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Zoom or other online platform and/or willingness to learn.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is 10 hours a week.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family offers competitive compensation based on experience.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Coordinator and Facilitator for Online Workshops.” No phone calls please. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.