|Job Title:||Data Specialist|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Development|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family is seeking a Data Specialist with excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and problem-solving skills to join our team. The individuals will make an immediate impact through the administration of and oversight of multiple users of Blackbaud NXT. The Data Specialist will begin with the goals of increasing the centralization of vital data across the organization and facilitating the access and capacity of staff to use the data to complete their work. They will also contribute immediately to the exceptional stewardship of alumni, donors, and friends of the Ackerman Institute.
The Data Specialist is responsible for the processing and acknowledgement of all donations and pledges. They will communicate on a regular basis with the Finance Department, ensuring accurate transmittal of gifts. They will oversee multiple users of Blackbaud NXT within the organization’s training department and clinic. They will ensure that data is updated regularly and accurately to ensure the vitality and reliability of the data across multiple departments. The Data Specialist will be skilled at data analysis of annual and long-term giving data to identify trends, challenges and strategic opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database with donor and prospect contact information and solicitor information.
- Produce mailing lists and in-house mailings.
- Manage all gift entry and processing of pledges, gifts, and contributions.
- Record foundation and corporate grants, payment schedules and reporting requirements.
- Generate accurate and timely acknowledgment letters/tax receipts for all donations
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports, queries, and data exports as needed for development and organizational leadership.
- Serve as the liaison with the finance team for financial reconciliation.
- Establish and enforce standards for database and donor records including data entry and procedures, tracking, and coding systems; maintain and enhance the data structure using business rules and other setup functions.
- Set up and orient users of Blackbaud NXT across the organization.
- Create and maintain a database training and policy guide; establish quality control reporting to maintain the accuracy of data entry.
- Serve as liaison with communications manager on donor and alumni contact data and list management.
- Serve as primary contact with Blackbaud NXT and other development technology tool vendors.
- Maintain financial and organizational assets used in fundraising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of fundraising / data systems experience required, preferably in a complex nonprofit environment using Blackbaud NXT and Online Express.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of major gift, events and annual fund fundraising principles and trends related to management and reporting of data.
- Microsoft Excel proficient (Pivot Tables, Fill function, Formatting, Reporting, etc.)
- Solid problem solving and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively.
- Willingness to have fun, laugh and be part of the team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is four days a week (32 hours), 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Must have the ability to work from home, including a workspace and technology.
Ackerman Institute for the Family offers a generous benefit package which includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Full-time and eligible part-time employees receive medical and dental plans for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by Ackerman Institute.
- Health, dependent care and transit pre-tax accounts.
- Employer-paid life insurance and supplemental disability coverage.
- A generous paid time off package which includes 10 vacation days, 10 sick days, three personal days and 11 paid holidays.
- 403b retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 10% of employee’s annual contribution after one year of employment.
- Professional development opportunities, including funds to participate in training, coaching and professional organization.
- Commitment to work-life balance.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Data Specialist.” No phone calls please. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.