Emergency On-Call Provider
|Job Title:||Emergency On-Call Provider|
|Reports to:||Clinical Director|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
The position of Emergency On-Call Provider will be responsible for providing front line response to individuals seeking emergency contact through our call service during off-hours. Additionally, the Emergency On-Call Provider will support therapists in a crisis when they are unable to reach their direct supervisors in the evenings and on weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Answer and direct all calls received during indicated schedule.
- Assess emergency calls, triage and provide appropriate referrals.
- Complete all reporting within 24 hours.
- Coordinate and communicate with Clinical Director, Training Director, and Supervisor.
- Graduate degree and proper licensure including LCSW, LMHC, LMFT.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required, in English/Spanish.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in crisis intervention skills required.
- Knowledge of NYS OMH Regulations for Article 31 Clinics.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and written.
- Ability to collaborate with consumers and those involved in their case (clinicians, providers).
- Highly organized with strong attention to details.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- This position will be required to be available 5pm-9am Monday through Friday, and 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- This position is remote.
- $750/month for a 3-month contract.
- This posting is for an independent service provider. This role does not involve employment with the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a resume to Brittney Jara at: email@example.com, Subject: “Emergency On- Call Provider.”