|Job Title:||Executive Assistant to the CEO|
|Reports to:||CEO & President|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO. This position will also be managing the day-to-day business objectives of the CEO, including scheduling, communications between stakeholders, and contributing to special projects as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage CEO’s daily schedule and logistics for key internal events such as board, development, or leadership meetings.
- Provides comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures a professional, responsive, and effective experience with the organization as a whole. Provides “gatekeeper” role for direct access to the CEO.
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO and/or other assigned leadership staff.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for Leadership.
- Prepare Executive and Development expense reports for reimbursement and billing.
- Establish rapport with Board members and provide essential administrative or logistical support as needed, at the request of CEO.
- Assemble quarterly Board materials, and disseminate minutes.
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion pertaining to all personnel and financial matters.
- Manages a variety of projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Executing other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Can-do positive attitude and team orientation, with ability to interact with diverse people at all levels.
- Commitment to Ackerman Institute’s values of inclusion, collaboration, and transparency.
- Extremely proficient in MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Zoom with the ability to learn new or updated software.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ackerman Institute for the Family offers a generous compensation package which includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Eligible employees receive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by Ackerman.
- Employer paid life insurance and supplemental disability insurance.
- A 403(b)-retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 10% of employee’s annual contribution.
- Generous paid-time-off package.
- Commitment to work-life balance.
- AIF requires its Employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including any booster shots if required, where allowable under the law and based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are not vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with AIF.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with AIF. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Executive Assistant” Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.