Front Desk Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
Founded in 1960, the Ackerman Institute for the Family (AIF) is one of the premier institutions for family therapy in the United States. The Institute serves all kinds of families at all stages of family life by offering a wide variety of programs that address a broad array of issues and concerns. Ackerman is also one of the best-known and most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists.
Our front desk team is essential to our capacity to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that is efficient and committed to the highest standard of clinical care.
This is a full-time position in a very fast-paced environment.
Front Desk Coordinator (5 weekdays per week, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open the AIF Clinic
- Answer phones and direct all calls appropriately with kindness and patience
- Provide general information and have a working knowledge of AIF Clinic and individual projects/centers
- Greet and check-in clients for the AIF’s Article 31 Clinic, Projects, Private Practice Clinicians
- Collect, verify and update all client information and enter into Electronic Medical Record (Med Ledger)
- Collect payments for AIF Clinic clients
- Communicate with intake, clinicians, projects, and other relevant teams about client scheduling and contact
- Greet participants attending Training Courses, Workshops, Special Events and meetings
- Collaborate with AIF medical billing
- Collaborate with Clinical Director, Associate Clinic Director, Department of Finance, Clinic Intake, and other relevant teams for insurance reimbursement
- Receive and complete insurance reimbursements in a timely manner
- Manage space allocation for AIF Clinic, Training Courses and Workshops, and Special Events
- Coordinate mail, deliveries, and contractors in collaboration with Facilities management
- Monitor AIF stakeholder onsite presence in collaboration with the AIF Clinic, Human Resources, Training Department, Projects, and the broader AIF community
- Maintain quality organizational programming, collaboration, and communication with fellow administrative members in the Clinic and general AIF community, including trainees, supervisors, and administrative staff.
- Monitor and ensure availability of appropriate documentation for front desk team, trainees, private practice clinicians, and supervisors
- Participate in monthly QA Meeting, Clinic Administration, administrative staff and training meetings when appropriate
Qualifications and Requirements
- Calmly and patiently interacts with people in a kind and flexible manner
- Timely problem solving
- Dependable and strong multi-tasking skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to details
- Knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred
- Experience in a health services and/or clinical training environment with working knowledge of insurance billing, practice management and planning systems is preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Melba Nicholson Sullivan, Ph.D., Clinical Director at email@example.com, with the subject line: Front Desk Coordinator.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to social justice and is an equal opportunity employer.