Program Assistant – Gender & Family Project
Start Date: Immediate
The Ackerman Institute for the Family’s Gender & Family Project (GFP) is seeking a Program Assistant to support our work with transgender and gender expansive children, youth, and their families.
The GFP Program Assistant is a full-time position (40h/week) from Monday to Friday.
The position supports the Gender & Family Project at large, by overseeing client flow and managing administrative and office projects. While this position is key to the program at large, its emphasis is on supporting group, clinical, research, and training services. This position involves a variety of administrative responsibilities.
- Answer all program inquiries, forward inquiries to appropriate departments and staff.
- Schedule clients with screening and intake appointments.
- Enroll families in services, and create, maintain, and update client central database and records.
- Conduct follow-up outreach to families when needed.
- Liaise with clinic office and lead communication with insurance companies regarding clinic services; record updates on electronic databases.
- Research and provide referrals when requested.
- Manage data to ensure accurate records; produce reports as requested.
- Support group team with logistics, attendance record, set up, check in, and fee collection.
- Represent program at events as needed.
- Prepare for and participate in meetings and trainings as needed.
- Prepare and submit biweekly payroll and purchase orders for departmental finances.
- The ideal Program Assistant candidate will have strong attention to detail, organizational skills, self-directed work ethic, excellent time management, and strong interpersonal skills, especially when coordinating events or working with families.
- Applicants should have command of Microsoft Office and basic research methods.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Spanish is required.
- Applicant should also have knowledge of and sensitivity to common difficulties faced by transgender and gender expansive individuals and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent is required.
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years related experience.
How To Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter with the subject line “GFP Program Assistant Position” to:
Alexis Diaz, GFP Coordinator of Clinical & Community Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Ackerman Institute for the Family