Request for Proposal: Substance Use Consultant
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer/Chief Medical Officer
Deadline to Apply: July 15, 2019
Founded in 1960, the Ackerman Institute for the Family (AIF) is one of the premier institutions for family therapy and one of the best-known and most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves families from all walks of life at all stages of family life.
The Ackerman Institute’s mission is to provide:
- Innovative couple and family therapy services through its on-site Clinic (licensed by the State of New York Office of Mental Health).
- State-of-the-art training programs for mental health and other professionals on-site, in community settings and internationally.
- Cutting-edge research initiatives that focus on the development of new treatment models and training techniques.
Through this dynamic interaction of treatment, training and research, Ackerman helps families, serves mental health care professionals and brings innovative perspectives to a broad array of community service agencies and other health care facilities.
Substance use disorders continue to rise and families have to bare the emotional toll of its effects, AIF would like to better position itself to support families and therapist working specifically with those in the throes of substance misuse, abuse and addiction. AIF seeks a proven leader in substance use disorders and family therapy models while holding a strong commitment to social justice and racial equity.
Ackerman Institute for the Family seeks a consultant to analyze our training, clinical services and research arms as they relate to substance use, and deliver a report to be used as a guide in organizational strategic planning.
Elements for the report will include:
- Identification of models for the highest standard of clinical care in family therapy and substance use
- Recommended clinical infrastructure necessary to uphold New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) standards and best practices of service delivery for the substance use population.
- Recommended modules that could be integrated into our existing core curriculum, training and workshop series
- Identification of research affiliations and expansion possibilities.
- Identification of community stakeholder for collaboration in research and expansion in clinical service delivery.
Proposal Guidelines & Timeline:
- Description of and rationale for proposed approach
- Proposed timeline
- Description of relevant experience
- Resumes of key staff to be assigned to the project
- At least two references from current/recent clients on comparable projects
- Please provide the name of a contact who will be available to answer questions about your proposal.
The project will offer $50/hour up to 50 hours, and should be completed within three months.
How to Submit:
Proposals are due July 15, 2019 to Adi Loebl, MD, Chief Operations Officer/Chief Medical Officer at email@example.com who is available to answer questions about the RFP. All proposals must include in the subject line “Ackerman Substance Use Consultant” and the following information:
No phone calls, please. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to social justice and is an equal opportunity employer.