|Job Title:||Staff Accountant|
|Reports to:||Director of Finance|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
This Staff Accountant will be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This position reports directly to Director of Finance.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices/purchase orders.
- Records expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Disburses and reconciles petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reconciles credit card purchases.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Prepare (data entry) bi-monthly payroll and related expense journal entries.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Reconciling cash receipts from PayPal and Square.
- Executing other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 1+ year of demonstrated experience.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Can-do positive attitude and team orientation, with ability to interact with diverse people at all levels.
- Commitment to Ackerman Institute’s values of inclusion, collaboration, and transparency.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Zoom.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud-Financial Edge.
This position is currently remote due to Covid-19. When the Institute re-opens (TBD), this position will be based out of The Ackerman Institute’s New York, NY location.
Ackerman Institute for the Family offers a generous compensation package which includes:
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Eligible employees receive medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, largely subsidized by Ackerman.
- Employer paid life insurance and supplemental disability insurance.
- A 403(b)-retirement plan with eligibility for employer contribution of 10% of employee’s annual contribution.
- Generous paid-time-off package.
- Commitment to work-life balance.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
|Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: email@example.com, Subject: “Staff Accountant”. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.|