TGNCNB Inclusivity Trainer, Gender & Family Project (Fee-for-Service)
The Gender & Family Project (GFP) of th Ackerman Institute empowers youth, families and communities by providing gender affirmative services, training and research. Founded in 2010, GFP promotes gender inclusivity as a form of social justice in all the systems involved in the life of the family.
Founded in 1960, the Ackerman Institute for the Family is one of the premier institutions for family therapy and one of the best-known and most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. We serve families from all walks of life at all stages of family life.
GFP is hiring a gender incluisivity trainer to work on a fee-for-service basis. The role of the trainer is to conduct trainings predominantly in GFP’s gender inclusive workplace initiative on an as-needed basis. The trainer may also be asked to provide trainings in schools and community based organizations. In addition trainers may be asked to:
● Advise on or create content / resources related to corporate or workplace trainings.
● Work with personnel at the workplaces to be trained to customize content to their needs.
● Attend occasional on-site or phone meetings with GFP as needed.
● Travel to trainings in NYC or other locations near NYC.
The trainer will report to GFP’s Coordinator of Training & Capacity Building.
Experience providing training and/or capacity building and/or technical assistance on TGNCNB inclusivity in a variety of settings including to large groups; as well as Leadership experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Corporate Diversity & Inclusion
- TGNCNB Community Advocacy
- Schools and educational institutions
- Direct service to youth and families
- $150 per hour or $1000 for full day training
- Training, retreats, and meetings are paid on a different per diem rate based on the scope of participation
- Opportunities for paid participation at other GFP program events
How to Apply:
All interested applicants please send cover letter and resumes to Nadia Swanson at email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to build more diversity in the field of family therapy and is an equal opportunity employer.