Charitable Remainder Unitrust
How does a Charitable Remainder Unitrust work?
Step 1: Transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust.
Step 2: The trust pays a percentage of the market value of the assets revalued annually to you or to your beneficiaries.
Step 3: When the trust ends, the principal passes to The Ackerman Institute for the Family.
Charitable Remainder Unitrusts: Benefits to You
- You receive an income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust.
- You enjoy no capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You receive the immediate gratification of making a significant gift that benefits you now and The Ackerman Institute for the Family later.