Community and International Training Assistant
|Job Title:||Community and International Training Assistant|
|Reports to:||Director of Community and International Training|
The Ackerman Institute for the Family was founded in 1960, and is one of the premier institutions for family therapy treatment, and one of the most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves a diverse population of families at all stages of family life by offering a variety of programs that address a broad range of issues and concerns. The faculty at the Institute have achieved national prominence and earned national awards for the development of innovative approaches to family therapy and professional training.
Community and International Training programs at the Ackerman Institute aim to increase the diversity in voices in our workshop offerings and provide opportunities for cross-generational professional development. The Community and International Training Assistant is a part-time position responsible for supporting the development and implementation of community and international training programs which include trainings offered for organizational partnerships, pilot programs for the Ackerman community, and professional development workshops for mental health professionals. The Community and International Training Assistant will work closely with the Director of Community and International Training in the planning, scheduling, administration, and facilitation of workshops and training programs.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop strategic project plans and streamline current plans for community and international training programs (Friday workshops, community-based trainings, pilot projects).
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Communications department to publish, manage and administer the online and in-person Continuing Education Programs and CE distribution including Ackerman workshops, community workshops and short courses.
- Manage the collection of data of the Continuing Education programs as per requirements by the State.
- Coordinate with the NYSED to renew the Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Psychology and Mental Health Counseling continuing education provider status and stay updated about the NYSED policies.
- Serve as point of contact for trainees’ and participants’ questions related to the Ackerman Community Training Workshops and short courses, CE programs, policies and procedures and redirect queries to the Director of Community and International Training.
- Develop digital marketing strategies to support Community and International Training programs and communication about training programs.
- Develop and update an action plan for in-person and online workshops.
- Support Director of Community and International Training in researching potential presenters for Ackerman workshops, seeking out mental health professionals with practices rooted in social justice and systemic thinking
- Communicate and coordinate with presenters in gathering of presentation materials and payment information.
- Serving as point of contact with workshop registrants, which includes distributing workshop materials and addressing registration issues.
- Oversee CE administration process for each workshop including creating and distributing workshop evaluations, tracking attendance, and administering CE letters to qualifying participants.
- Track data on workshop registrations to assist in strategic planning and promotion of Community and International program offerings.
- Communicate with Finance department in arranging payment of presenters.
- Attend weekly supervision meeting with Director of Community Training and work cross-functionally with members of the administrative leadership team.
- Facilitate 1-3 online workshops per week.
- Introduce the presenter to participants and communication with participants about CE requirements.
- Facilitate Q and A and conversation in online chats as requested/needed by presenter.
- Meet with online presenters to train on how to conduct a workshop with Zoom.
- Review tips and guidelines for presentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
- Ability to interact with Ackerman staff, community and international partners, faculty, and students at a professional level.
- Commitment to Ackerman Institute values of inclusion, collaboration, and transparency.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, or related field.
- Interest in community-based program development and non-profit administration a plus.
This position will have a schedule of approximately 3 days per week. The position is remote with potential to become on-site at the Ackerman Institute in New York City.
Ackerman Institute for the Family offers competitive compensation based on experience.
The Ackerman Institute for the Family provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate based on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and clinical care related activities or in any other aspect of the Institute’s operation. Black, Indigenous, and people of color; trans, non-binary, and intersex people, especially transwomen; those from poor and working-class backgrounds, immigrants, people with disabilities; as well as people at the intersections of these experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
|Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at: email@example.com, Subject: “Community and International Training Assistant”. Only those candidates for an interview will be contacted.|