In this workshop, participants will see a way of working with precarious families through a relational contextual model. Presenter’s work is embedded in complex systems that have to struggle with ambiguity co constructing events as truth processes in which we emphasize the search for the resources of each family, program or intervening institution, the best way or using the social network, the work with the larger systems and the intervention in integrated public policies.
The questions posed will be:
- How can we recognize the importance of the social network, the characteristics of the bonds, the intervening institutions and the culture in which they are embedded?
- How can we incorporate the relational view through specific questions?
- How can we choose between actor, family, community and territory?
- How can we choose the focus of our work?
- How do we work from a situational hypothesis and give heuristic help?
- How can we accompany our consultants in terms of giving them a voice regarding their bonds and autonomy and listening to their life courses?
- To show a way of working
- To train in open questions and to focus on resources
- To train the construction of events as truth processes
Sergio Bernales, is a psychiatrist and has a masters degree in philosophy, one of the founders of the Instituto Chileno de Terapia Familiar (ICHTF), faculty member of the ICHTF, professor at the Universidad Diego Portales and Universidad Austral, former professor at Universidad Alberto Hurtado. He has belonged to the Chilean National Commission of the Family and is advisor to some national psychosocial programs. He is a founder of the psychosocial area of the ICHTF. He has written several articles on the subject. S
Sylvia Campos, is a clinical psychologist, one of the founders of the ICHTF Faculty member of the ICHTF, former professor at Universidad de Chile and Universidad del Desarrollo. Sylvia belongs to the psychosocial area of the ICHTF.
- June 4, 2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Sergio Bernales, M.D Psychiatrist,MA in philosophy, Family and Couples Therapist, and Sylvia Campos, Psychologist, MA in Clinical psychology, Family and Couples Therapist
2 CE Contact Hours
Location: Online Event
A link will be emailed to you one day before the event.