The Ackerman Institute for the Family is committed to providing the highest standard of education and service to our trainees. Your complete understanding of your financial responsibilities is an essential part of your Core Curriculum training.
Ackerman Institute Core Curriculum trainings are non-refundable and non-transferrable. All trainees are subject to this tuition policy and will be held responsible for tuition due to the Ackerman Institute. Financial obligations that are not met are subject to collection.
- Core Course tuition is due by July 1, 2023. Make a payment here: Pay Tuition Online
- A non-refundable deposit of $1000.00 is due by May 1, 2023.
- Payments made after the deadline are subject to a $25 late fee, and may result in de-enrollment.
- We accept American Express, Mastercard, Visa, and PayPal. Cash and checks are not accepted.
Monthly Payment Plan:
The Ackerman Institute offers core curriculum trainees a 10-month interest-free payment plan.
- Trainees enrolling in a monthly payment plan are required to pay a $1000 deposit by May 1, 2023.
- Total tuition will be divided equally into 10 monthly installments. An automatic charge will be placed on the trainee’s credit card on the 1st of every month beginning July 1, 2023 and ending April 2024. The first monthly payment is due July 1, 2023.
- A $25.00 late fee will be charged if a credit card is declined and not charged by the 10th of the month.
- To request payment plan enrollment, applicants must enroll at the time of their admission confirmation with a non-refundable $100 enrollment fee.
If a trainee plans to defer admission or resume studies at the Ackerman Institute for the Family, trainee must pay full tuition consistent with the year of attendance. In case of a leave of absence, a trainee must also pay full tuition for the year in which a leave of absence is used.
Core Course Withdrawal Refund Schedule:
Refunds based on the schedule below may be returned to the applicants or retained as a credit to their account upon withdrawal request. To receive a partial refund, requests must be submitted no later than July 31, 2023.
|Until June 30||Full refund, minus deposit|
|July 1 – July 31||50% Refund, minus $1000 deposit.|
|August 1 – Onward||No Refund|
The deadline to apply for financial aid is April 1, 2023. Financial aid requests will not be accepted after this date. A limited amount of need-based financial aid is available for Foundations of Family Therapy, Live Clinical Supervision, the Dual Program, and the Clinical Externship. Financial aid applicants are required to submit financial documentation including a tax return and Form 1099.
Financial Aid is not guaranteed and does not automatically carry forward with any trainee who is deferring admission or is granted a leave of absence; aid will be determined during the next admissions cycle. Trainees who have received past financial aid awards are not guaranteed future assistance.
About Tuition Fees
The Ackerman Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies on donors and earned revenue to work toward our mission. The full expense of training an Ackerman therapist is subsidized by the generosity of our donors. Your tuition fees cover only a small portion of this expense. We thank you for investing in your professional future and for supporting the Ackerman Institute for the Family